What the Heck is SEO and Why Should I Care?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website in the search engine’s “natural” or “organic” (not paid for) search results. So why are search engine results important? We’ve all heard the joke, “Where’s the best place to hide a dead body? On the second page of Google.” So, we all know how important your rankings are on google because the higher you are on google search engine, the more likely you are to reach the potential customers you are trying to reach. Google analytics is a very complicated process of determining the order in which businesses will be listed when a customer does a search. It can be complicated and overwhelming just trying to figure it all out. The most important things are having a google-friendly website (not all websites are created equally) and the ability to manage that website continuously (the days of stagnant websites are over). For more information or a comprehensive overview of how you can improve your business’s SEO, contact Kim Slaughter at 501-269-6197 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fun Google Facts:
· Google owns roughly 70% of the search engine market share
· 70% of clicks on search engine results pages are on organic results
· Outside of search engines, email is the biggest driver of web traffic
· 75% of users never view the second page of search results
· There are over 1.4 billion searches conducted every hour
· More than 80% of internet users use search
· Moms use search engines twice as much as non-moms